iLOQ launches the world’s first NFC-powered lock at CeBIT 2016. It is the first smart lock that harvests electricity from a smartphone. The ground-breaking technology enables you to start using your phone as a key without batteries or cables in the smart lock of your door. iLOQ NFC sets a new standard for smart locks.
Benefits of mobile smart locks are indisputable: creating, sharing and revoking access with your phone as a key. The problem is that every smart lock currently on the market needs to be powered by batteries or a cable power supply.
“With traditional smart locks, costly regular battery renewal process or expensive wiring is needed to get the locks powered and connected. These costs really start to matter the more the locks you have,” said iLOQ CEO and founder Mika Pukari.
“Our innovation gives a rapid boost for the smart lock market. It makes smart locking the best solution where there is a need for high security and real-time access management of locks and users.”
Phone is the key, the power source and the gateway to real-time access management
iLOQ NFC smart lock harvests electricity from the phones NFC induction. Smartphone works not only as a key but also as a power source for the lock. The invention is based on iLOQ’s profound experience in self-powered smart locks. In 2007 iLOQ introduced the world’s first smart lock that needs no batteries or cables because it powers itself by harvesting electricity from key insertion.
“Now we have combined our expertise in minimum energy smart locks and smartphone’s ability to give energy through the NFC induction. Opening the lock works by touching the door knob with a phone that has access rights to it.”
The iLOQ NFC is so small it fits almost any kind of lock cylinders, padlocks or cabinet locks. That is why the iLOQ NFC is easy to install by replacing the existing lock without extra installation work to the door. Real-time access right management is handled by the iLOQ Manager cloud-service.
The first iLOQ NFC products are available for customers in Q4/2016
The technology is patented, ready and fully functional. iLOQ is now looking for end customers and business partners for large-scale cooperation.
iLOQ NFC benefits in a nutshell
- Phone is the key: you can create, share and revoke access rights over the air easily and securely anywhere with just one click on a cloud service. There is no need for heavy IT infrastructure
- Easy installation: you can replace existing lock with iLOQ NFC lock – no need for drilling or wiring
- Maintenance free: no batteries, no keyway to be cleaned
- Fits harsh environments: dust and weather proof from the knob side
- High security: state of the art security by utilizing PKI, mutual authentication and strong AES-256 encryption. When the lock is opened the event can be reported back to the cloud service in real-time
- Widely compatible: The iLOQ NFC App is compatible with Android phones. An iPhone App will be launched as soon as Apple opens up NFC in its devices for developers. Users with no compatible phone can use the NFC-based iLOQ Fob
- Environmental friendly: by minimizing battery waste
iLOQ Ltd. is a Finnish company that transforms mechanical locking into digital access management. iLOQ provides self-powered digital locking and access management that is revolutionizing the locking industry, as digital cameras transformed photography. iLOQ sets new standards in locking security.
In 2007 iLOQ introduced the world’s first self-powered digital lock. iLOQ S10 is the first and the only electronic lock cylinder in the world that self-powers by harvesting electricity from key insertion. iLOQ digital locking offers easier and more secure access management than mechanical locking, with significantly lower maintenance and lifecycle costs than traditional electromechanical locking. Certified by e.g. SKG, SBSC, VdS, PIV (EN15684) and FK. Awarded with the IFSEC Security Industry 2008 award, the Detektor International 2008 award and Innosuomi 2008 award
iLOQ NFC product line confirms iLOQ’s position as an indisputable trailblazer in self-powered locking.
Net sales (2015): 23 million Euros (+27%)
Ranked as number one in the 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Finland and fastest growing Greentech Company in the 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.
Read more about us at www.iLOQ.com
Mika Pukari, CEO, Founder
+358 40 3170 211