- Easy access: Doors with a lot of traffic can be configured to open by placing the key in a remote reader or by entering a PIN at predetermined times of day. Electric lock cylinders can be programmed separately for each door: a door may be remotely controlled to remain unlocked in daytime, for instance.
- Access event logs: Opening a door through either the lock cylinder or reader always leaves a digital trace. This data can be easily examined later, if necessary.
- Quick and easy changes: Naturally, the iLOQ S10 Online access management system includes all the strengths of the iLOQ system. Losing a key is no problem, as the lost key can be digitally blacklisted. Access rights of a key can be easily modified. Each user only needs one key. When re-assigning rooms and premises, there is no need to replace the locks or keys, as these can be immediately reprogrammed. Maintaining the locking system is easy because the system software provides real-time data concerning access rights, pass codes, keys, locks and now also readers, all visible on building layout plans.
iLOQ introduces a low-cost system that integrates locking and access control functions
iLOQ, the market leader in electromechanical locks in Finland, expands into a new business area—access control systems. With the iLOQ Online extension, which seamlessly combines locking and access control functions, iLOQ meets the access control needs of ordinary buildings easily, simply and at a low cost. The iLOQ Online extension will be introduced at the FinnSec 2015 fair at Messukeskus in Helsinki on 18–20 November 2015.
Access to buildings may be controlled in different ways depending on the use of the building. The most traditional method is a plain old mechanical locking system. Another option, which is gaining popularity, is a digital locking system, such as iLOQ S10. A third option, known from offices in particular, is a remotely managed electronic access control system. Typically it uses an RFID key—a plastic card in most cases. The iLOQ Online solution expands the range of access control products offered by iLOQ.
- “The underlying idea is that most of the doors in a building will still have iLOQ S10 locks and keys, which do not require cables or batteries to operate, but the entrance doors, for example, will be connected to the iLOQ Online system. These locks can be remotely controlled, their access rights can be changed and their log files can be read,” explains Mika Pukari, CEO at iLOQ.
- “At the moment, residential, office and industrial buildings typically employ some kind of mechanical locking system and some type of access control system, such as an access code lock or a reader device. iLOQ’s integrated locking and access management system replaces this dual system, which is cumbersome and expensive to manage,” he continues.
A fourth and the heaviest option is to use a real-time control system which integrates access control, CCTV and security alarm devices. These heavy-duty integrated systems are optimal for properties requiring continuous security control, such as airports and the like. iLOQ’s access management solution is aimed at ordinary company premises, residential homes, industrial buildings, hospitals and administrative buildings where the emphasis is on access rights and not on real-time property surveillance.
- “We have received feedback from our customers, who say that these traditional security systems do not meet their needs. Up till now, our main focus has been on resolving cost and safety problems related to mechanical locking systems. Now, we are ready to expand our offering into the area of access management,” Pukari says.
- “Our access management system can digitally and remotely restrict access in the building and, on the other hand, make it easier for people to move around in the building and also to log access events for later scrutiny. This cost-efficient access control extension is now available together with the iLOQ locking system, which is already familiar to many,” Pukari concludes.
What are the advantages of iLOQ S10 Online?
Further information from:
Mika Pukari, CEO iLOQ Ltd., zvxn.chxnev@vYBD.pbz, tel. +358 40 3170 211
iLOQ Ltd. is a fast-growing Finnish company that transforms mechanical locking into digital access management. iLOQ has developed the world’s only digital locking system that harvests electrical energy from key insertion. iLOQ S10 is an eco-friendly, battery-free locking system that eliminates problems with lost keys and key copying, simplifies locking system management and offers much lower lifecycle costs. Remote access control functionality now available with the new iLOQ Online extension. iLOQ sets new standards in the locking security. www.iLOQ.com