Renovation nightmare? With iLOQ it’s business as usual
3 min read
As a Property Manager, it’s your priority to ensure that your building provides the best living or working space. From time-to-time, it’s necessary to undertake renovation work to improve the environment for residents or employees and to maintain the value of the property. They can be small projects, such as painting interior walls, or large ones such as replacing the facade or updating the plumbing system.
Ensuring security while the work is being done can be a nightmare, particularly if your property still uses a mechanical locking system. We asked several property managers what kind of challenges they face and here are some of their concerns:
These are all very relevant and important questions. But solutions can be found very quickly by installing an iLOQ digital locking system.
What does the iLOQ digital locking system include?
- Unique Finnish, patented and award-winning digital identification technology
- Self-powered iLOQ lock cylinders and keys – no batteries or cables are needed
- Fully programmable locks and keys
- Access log events stored
Benefits during renovations
- Access rights can be programmed even before the start of renovation work which allows easy travel on site
- Each worker can be provided with a key – no need to leavedoors open or unlocked
- Access rights to lost keys are easy to remove – no mechanical re-keying
- No fear of unauthorized key duplication
- Site keys can be programmed with time-limited access rights to grant access, for example, during weekdays only
- Each lock has access log events saved in its memory, making it easier to detect possible misuse on site
Benefits after renovations for users
- The keys and locks are strongly encrypted with variable code digital identification
- Access rights to keys that may have been lost or not returned during construction work can be easily removed. The locks can be quickly and simply reprogrammed and new keys reissued
- Access rights to lost keys can be removed from all locks including exterior doors and common areas ensuring security levels remain high in all premises
- Access rights to returned keys can be removed and the keys can be reused for other purposes
- Low cost of replacing lost keys
- The access log assists in detecting and preventing possible misuse on the premises
When it comes to renovations, iLOQ is the key to safety, security and efficiency.